Thank you to everyone who participated in the Symposium, May 9-11th. We were thrilled with the diversity of One Health and development presentations! A reminder to everyone who registered that you will be able to access the recorded presentations through Pheedloop until August 31st.
One Health and Development for a World Under Pressure
A collaborative symposium for scholars in Global Health, Development Studies and One Health
Held May 9-11, 2022 | Online and In Person at the University of Guelph
The One Health and Development for a World Under Pressure Symposium brought together scholars, researchers and practitioners working collaboratively on One Health or development challenges at the intersection of humans, animals, plants and our shared environment.
The Symposium showcased collaborative, transdisciplinary and cross-cutting research that:
- highlighted complexities, fragilities and systemic resilience related to human, animal and environmental health problems occurring in local, national and global contexts
- emphasized and encouraged the empowerment of marginalized groups and communities
- identified policies and pathways that could be used for addressing some of the world’s most pressing health and development challenges
The symposium covered the following interdisciplinary themes:
- One Health and Global Public Health
- Multispecies Health, Equity and Justice
- Policies and Governance for One Health and Development
- Food, Water, Climate and Health